The Clover platform provides tools for developers to design, configure, test, and manage app integrations for Clover merchants. Clover requires you to create a developer account and get your account settings approved to initiate the integration approval process.
Once the account settings are approved, you can submit integrations for approval and then manage and track app performance on the Developer Dashboard. The Clover team reviews and approves each developer account you create in a production environment.
Step 1—Create your user account:
- Click https://www.clover.com/global-developer-home, or type this address in your browser and press Enter.
- On the Log in page, click Sign Up. The Sign up page appears.
- Enter the following information:
- Your name as you want it to display in your developer profile.
- Your email address; this is saved as the username for logging in after signing up.
- Your password to access your developer account.
- Click Create Account. A confirmation email is sent to your email address.
Step 2—Confirm your account: Confirm your developer account within 24 hours of creating the account; otherwise, you will need to re-create the account.
- Check your email for an account confirmation email from Clover.
- Open the confirmation email and click Confirm your email address. The Finish setting up your account page appears.
Step 3—Finish setting up your account:
- On the Let's finish setting up your account page, enter the developer or company name in the Developer Account Name field. This name appears as the app owner in the Clover App Market.
- From the Choose where your integrations will be available drop-down list, select the region where your integration will be available.
- Click Create Account. A Developer Account Created pop-up appears. Additionally, a test merchant account is created in both sandbox and production environments.
- Click Log In and enter your credentials. The two-factor authentication (2FA) setup starts.
Step 4—Set up two-factor authentication (2FA)
Before you proceed to set up the 2FA for your account, download an authenticator app on your phone.
- Click Set up. Open your authenticator app pop-up appears.
- Use the authenticator app to scan the QR code. A six-digit verification code appears on the app.
- Enter the verification code.
- Click Next. A Successfully enabled pop-up appears on the screen.
- Click Download recovery codes. A text (.txt) file is saved on your device. Use these recovery codes in case you cannot access your authenticator app.
- Click Done. After the 2FA setup is complete, the login page appears.
- Enter your credentials and the verification code to access your account and view the Global Developer Dashboard.
From here, you can:
- Complete and submit your developer account settings for approval. You must submit your account settings for approval before publishing apps.
- Update settings for the first test merchant or create additional test merchants.
- Create an app.
Updated 6 days ago