Your app is linked to a production developer account. This account must be verified and approved by Clover before app approval can begin.
You can submit your developer account for approval on production even while you are building and testing your app on sandbox.
To submit your production developer account for approval, do the following:
Log in to your production Clover developer account. If you do not have a Clover production developer account, create an account.
On the Dashboard > Developer Settings tab on the side navigation, enter the required information in the following sections:
- Account Details — Under Edit Account Details:
- If you are an individual submitting an app, select the option, I’m doing business as an > Individual.
- If you are submitting an app as a company, select the option, I’m doing business as a > Business.
- Account Details — Under Edit Account Details:
Complete the Identity Verification and Contact Info so that the app market business team can verify your identity. If necessary, the team may contact you for the following additional documents:
- Address: A utility bill, bank statement, or other legal document matching the address of the developer account. A P.O. box number is valid for an organization but not for its individual representative.
- Employee identification number (EIN)/Tax ID: For a corporate developer (a company), a document from the government tax authority showing the EIN/Tax ID number is required.
- Identity document: If your address is outside the intended market, an unexpired passport is required. Developers in the UK and Canada can provide a current driver's license instead of a passport.
Additionally, we are required to run an Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) check on every developer as part of the approval process. After your account is approved, the OFAC check is repeated monthly.
Click Verify Your Account. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to the Clover App Market Developer Terms. Ensure you review the terms.
If the app market business team needs to contact you for more information, they also share a secure Box folder URL with you. Upload all required documentation to the specified Box folder.
Please do not share any required identity documentation by email.
After your account is approved, the status of your developer account on the Developer Settings page is updated to ACCOUNT VERIFIED. You will receive an email confirming the developer account approval.
There might be cases where approved account information needs to change or administrator control of a corporate account needs to be transferred to a different person. For example, if the approved developer leaves the company, another person must assume responsibility for the account.
To start the process, send an email to Clover at [email protected] with the following information:
- Your developer account name and UUID
- The type of request and reason for the request (name/email change or full account transfer)
For simple name and email changes, Clover reviews the request, runs a verification check if required, and then updates the information.
For transfers, Clover reviews the transfer request, and then disables your developer account by rejecting the formerly approved developer. You must then provide the identity details for the new account holder as described in the preceding sections. After you resubmit the account information, the identity verification checks are completed by Clover. If the verification is successful, the updated account is approved.
Why does developer account approval require a passport?
In the e-commerce and financial services sector, we must meet compliance obligations and request proof of identity as a critical part of protecting our customers and our organization. While verifying a corporation is a part of the process, we also need to validate an individual’s identity. For our international developers, passports are used to verify the individual since cryptographic information makes it difficult to forge a passport. This verification process determines if we will assume the risk as a payment processor with the third party or not. As an alternative, if you do not want to submit your passport and/or address, another associate of your corporation may do so. Log in to your developer dashboard and change the information in the developer app so that it corresponds to the supportive documentation submitted.
How to securely submit your passport?
For your security, we request you to send in your documents through a secure folder we create. You should not send any identification documents through email. For your convenience, you may also share a secure link to a secure site to access your passport.
Updated 13 days ago