The Clover Connector SDK provides a consolidated asynchronous interface that enables your point of sale (POS) software to interact with Clover’s customer-facing payment devices.
In this section, we introduce Clover Connector for different platforms.
These tutorials assume you have already:
- Read the Overview of the Clover Platform
- Set up a developer account (including your test merchant settings).
- Order and set up a Clover Developer Kit (Dev Kit).
- Create a Remote App ID (
remoteApplicationID) for your semi-integration POS. This is different from your App ID.
Use the following tutorials to build a semi-integrated solution for your platform:
- On Windows using .NET
- On Windows using REST
- On Windows using WebSockets
- In the Cloud
- On Android
- On iOS
ICloverConnector provides the callable interface and includes the following capabilities:
- Processing cards as Sales (fixed-amount payments), Auths (tip-adjustable payments), and PreAuths (pre-authorizations for a specific amount that can be updated before finalizing payment)
- Vaulting card tokens for future payments
- Processing payment refunds and voids
- Displaying order details
- Printing images and text
- Requesting batch closeouts
- Requesting device and payment status
- Starting and communicating with Custom Activities
ICloverConnectorListener provides the callback interface and includes the following capabilities:
- Responses to sales, authorizations, and pre-authorizations
- Responses to card vaulting requests
- Responses to payment refunds and voids
- Responses to tip amount adjustments and captured payments for pre-authorizations
- UI event messages sent as the Clover device changes screens, along with appropriate actions correlating to options on the device (for example, Cancel, OK, Done, Yes, and No)
- Closeout processing events
- Requests to confirm payments or signatures
- Events sent when the device disconnects, connects, or is ready
- Responses to device and payment status requests
- Responses or messages from Custom Activities
Updated about 1 month ago