After your app is approved in the production environment and your APK is uploaded, you must submit the APK to the Clover App Market team for approval.
See app approval process for more information.
To meet Clover security standards for an Android app running on Clover devices, every APK must be reviewed and then triple signed. We perform certain quality checks before approving an APK. Note that this process takes longer for the initial APK of an app.
Keep your keystore and private key in a safe and secure place, and make sure to back them up. If you create an Android app on the Clover platform and then lose the key you used to sign its initial APK, you will not be able to upload any new versions of your app. You must always sign all versions of your app with the same key.
To allow for quicker rollbacks, we recommend you submit two versions of your APK together. Submit both the new version of the APK, and a second version that is the same as the old version, but with a higher version code.
Current APK: MyApk (v100)
Submitted APK: MyNewApk (v101)
Submitted APK: MyApk (v102)
On Sandbox, APKs are automatically approved.
- Log in to the production Developer Dashboard.
- From the left navigation menu, expand the app and click App Releases.
- In the APK table, locate the version of the APK you want to submit.
- In the Actions column, from the Actions drop-down list, select Submit. The APK is submitted and the status changes to
- Open the App Market on your Clover device and locate your app. The status of Not Published displays at the top-right corner of the card for the app. Your unpublished app is only be visible to the merchant accounts associated with your developer account.
Install the app.
Launch the app on your device. Default layout of
Hello world!appears. After completing these steps, you can sideload new versions of the app directly onto this device.
Updated about 1 month ago