Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of protection and significantly decreases the risk of unauthorized access and system breaches. This requires you to provide a unique verification code – a one-time password (OTP) – other than your email ID and password combination to log in to the Developer Dashboard.
You can access the OTP in either of the following ways:
- SMS—Receive verification codes on your mobile phone. You can enter a backup recovery code if your mobile phone is unavailable.
- Authenticator app—Receive verification codes using an authenticator app like Google Authenticator. You can download the authenticator app on your Android or iOS device. Clover recommends using an authenticator app to set up your 2FA.
Two-factor (2FA) authentication is mandatory for all users to access the Clover production Developer Dashboard.
- Log in to your Clover developer account.
- Sandbox: https://sandbox.dev.clover.com
- North America (NA): https://www.clover.com
- Europe: https://www.eu.clover.com
- Latin America (LATAM): https://www.la.clover.com
- From the profile drop-down, click User Settings. The User Settings page appears.
- Click Turn on Two Factor Authentication. The Pick a method to get your verification codes pop-up appears.
- Select one of the following options:
- SMS—The Enter your phone number page appears:
a. Select the country code and enter your mobile phone number. The Send Code button is available.
b. Click Send Code. A 6-digit OTP is sent to your mobile phone, and the Enter the verification code page appears.
c. Enter the verification code (OTP) on the page, and click Next.
- Authenticator app —The Open your authenticator app page appears:
a. Use your phone camera to scan the QR code to download the authenticator app.
b. Open the authenticator app to view or copy the 6-digit OTP.
c. Enter the verification code (OTP) and click Next. You’ve successfully turned on the two-factor authentication pop-up displays on the screen.
- Click Got it. The User Settings page displays the Two-Factor Authentication section with your authentication details.
- Click Turn On or Turn Off to change the authentication method.
Note: You can use only one method at a time for authentication.
- Click Download and save the backup recovery codes the first time you set up two-factor authentication. The recovery codes are downloaded in a .txt file.
Note: When you cannot access the OTP through SMS, use one of these recovery codes for 2FA.
Updated about 1 month ago