On the Market Listing page, you can set information about your app for Clover merchants to view on the Clover App Market. When your app is published on the App Market, the market listing information you enter is available to merchants on the app Details page in the App Market.
To set the app market listings:
- Log in to the Developer Dashboard.
- From the left navigation menu, click Your Apps > app name > Market Listing. The Market Listing page appears.
When your app is published on the App Market, this information is available to merchants on your app details page.
You can set the following information on the Market Listing page:
This image is displayed as your app cover image in the Clover App Market on Clover devices.
To upload an image:
- Click Upload Image.
- Browse and select the image, and click Open.
- Once the image is uploaded, the crop image window appears.
- Crop and adjust the image per your choice.
- Click Submit. The updated cover image appears on the Market Listing page.
The app name uniquely identifies your app. The app icon is used by merchants to launch your app on Clover devices.
To update the app name and icon:
- Click the app name. Edit App Name and Icon window appears.
- Update the app name.
- Click the icon on the left and select the app icon. The Upload App Icon window appears.
- Crop the image and click Submit.
- Click Save. The updated app name and icon will appear on the Market Listing page.
The merchant benefits are listed on the Clover App Market to highlight how an app can benefit merchants. A minimum of three benefits is required. The input of this field is used in the search functionality; hence, using keywords improves the chances of your app appearing in the most relevant search results.
Your app screenshots help merchants to see the app features before installing it. A brief YouTube or Vimeo video is another way of showcasing the app features to your merchants.
Follow these guidelines for adding screenshots for Clover devices.
|Clover Device||Screen Resolution||DP Size|
|Flex 1 and Flex 2||720 x 1280 (xhdpi screen)||~320 dpi|
|Mini 1 and Mini 2||1280 x 800 (tvdpi screen)||~213 dpi|
|Station 2018||1920 x 1080 (tvdpi screen)||~213 dpi|
|Station 2018 Printer||800 x 480 (tvdpi screen)||~213 dpi|
|Station||1366 x 768 (mdpi screen)||~160 dpi|
|Station Pro (merchant-facing screen)||1920 x 1080 (tvdpi screen)||~213 dpi|
|Station Pro (customer-facing screen)||1280 x 800 (tvdpi screen)||~213 dpi|
- For the minimum size of an android app, refer to the table above and size according to that.
- The minimum size of screenshots for web should be: 320 px (Google Play's standard); however, 480 px is a better minimum. Clover recommends that you size your screenshots along with the device specs.
- The maximum recommended size is the 1920 x 1080 screen at 300 dpi.
- Click Add Screenshots. The Manage Screenshots window appears.
- Click Upload Imageand select your app screenshot.
Note: You can select multiple images to upload. The uploaded screenshots appear on the Market Listing page. 3. Click Manage Screenshots to update the app screenshots.
To upload a video:
- Click Add Video. The add videos window appears.
- Add a URL to your YouTube or Vimeo video.
- Click Save. The uploaded video appears on the Market Listing page.
The web version of the Clover App Market supports both YouTube and Vimeo videos.
Certain Clover devices have limitations on the video codecs they support. This affects how videos are played using the More Tools app on these devices:
- Clover Station 2018 & Mini 2 support YouTube and Vimeo
- Clover Station & Mini 1 support only YouTube
- Clover Flex supports only Vimeo
In the Description field, provide detailed information about your app and how it will help the merchant with their business. The first few sentences are the most important; hence, try to use the most relevant keywords in it.
Horizontal/Functional category: Includes a cross-functional set of apps relevant to all business types. Example: Employee Management, Accounting & Tax, etc.
Vertical/Domain category: Includes a set of apps relevant to a particular business type. Example: Quick Service Restaurant.
For a new app:
Select at least one functional and vertical category before submitting your app for approval. For example, you can select a functional category of Accounting & Tax for the Vertical category Bookstore. You can always change app categories later. Revisions are automatically approved.
For an existing app:
Review your app categories at any time and, if needed, update it to align with the target audience. Revisions are automatically approved.
Select at least one functional and vertical category before submitting your app for approval. For example, you can select a Functional category of Accounting & Tax for the Vertical category Bookstore. You can always change app categories later.
The existing categories are now reorganized for clarity and you can also see new categories.
Learn more in the app administration checklist.
Learn more in the app administration checklist.
In the Developer Support section, provide contact information that merchants can use for app support. This information should include, phone number, hours of availability, email address, and support website URL. This information is available to the merchants on the app details page in the Clover App Market.
The tagline for your app is a short one-line description that appears under the app name on the app details page in the Clover App Market. The input of this field is used in the search functionality; hence, using keywords improves the chances of your app appearing in the most relevant search results.
When you update the Market Listing page, click Preview in app Market to redirect to the Merchant Dashboard for your test merchant account. You can view a snapshot of what merchants and business owners see on the Clover App Market.
Using Manage Languages at the top-right of the page, you can localize all the market listing information for international Clover App Markets.
To localize the market listing information:
- Click the Manage Languages list. The Manage Languages window will appear.
- Select the additional languages for market listing details.
- Click Save. The selected languages appear on the Market Listing page.
- Select the language and then provide market listing information for that language. Repeat this step for each language.
For every app market location where you want to publish your app, you can create subscription tiers on the Pricing & Distribution page. For more information, see Billing for Apps.
Updated about 1 month ago