Make a REST API call
The Clover REST API enables you to query relevant information about Clover merchants in your Web app. Relevant information, such as merchant inventory, orders, and payments is available to you using our REST API. Each type of merchant information is represented by an endpoint.
For your Android app, you can simply generate an API token and query web services using Clover Android SDK.
Make a sample REST API call
To make a sample REST API call and retrieve your test merchant’s name:
- Navigate to the API Reference.
- Under Merchants > Get a single merchant, enter the Merchant Id value. The merchant identifier or MID = 13 characters and available in the browser window URL of your test Merchant Dashboard.
- Click the Query Auth icon at the top-right next to the Try It button.
- Enter the access_token value. Access token is the test API token that you generated in the sandbox Developer Dashboard.
- Click Try It. The output JSON of the API call is generated at the right of the screen. In the results, the value of the Name Key is your test merchant’s name.
For more information about the Clover REST API service, see Clover REST API. Use this sample inventory file to test more REST API calls for your test merchant. On the Merchant Dashboard, select the Inventory app, and then follow the instructions to upload the sample inventory file. See Importing inventory.
Updated 2 months ago