Clover’s hosted checkout feature lets a merchant's customers pay for simple orders directly on their website. For example, a business might be selling admission to an event, but it does not have a Clover terminal to take card payments at the event site. Customers can pay for their tickets online and leave the staff free to run the event. See Take payments on your website with Clover for more information about the feature.
Hosted checkout does not use Clover’s inventory system. If you want to use your inventory, the Clover App Market has ecommerce apps that integrate with your existing data.
Other benefits of hosted checkout:
- Customizable to fit the merchant's brand and existing website
- PCI compliant - customer card data is securely processed by Clover, not the merchant
See the following pages for more information:
- Making a checkout request
- Creating a hosted checkout session
- Redirecting customers
- Testing your hosted checkout integration (macOS/Linux)
- Testing your hosted checkout integration (Windows)
Updated 6 months ago