At Clover, we design and build low-cost and highly functional Android-based point of sale (POS) systems for small- or medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Clover merchants use our suite of apps for different business functions.
Clover is an open platform allowing third-party developers to build apps and integrate external POS systems with Clover devices.
Clover is the fastest-growing POS platform backed by Fiserv, a market leader processing over 50% of global card transactions. We currently operate in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, and Argentina, and we are expanding to new regions to serve merchants around the globe.
As a developer, you can make a difference and transform the way merchants run their business by saving time through intuitive apps on the Clover App Market. Merchants are looking for solutions to make their small to medium businesses more efficient and profitable. Our open platform lets you seamlessly connect your apps and reach merchants in new ways.
Merchants spend millions of dollars each year on marketing, loyalty, accounting programs, and other services to run their businesses. Be a trailblazer and help merchants grow their business with your app on the Clover App Market. Developers receive 70% of the net subscription revenue. Learn more about monetize your apps.
For most developers, the first step is to learn about the Clover platform and development environments. When you are ready to start, select an integration type, get a sandbox account, and build your integration.
For example, on the Clover platform, you can:
- Build Android apps for Clover devices using the Clover Android SDK. Your apps can leverage rich business data and Clover device hardware capabilities.
- Build web apps on the Clover platform using the Clover REST API. You can make authorized Clover REST API calls and help merchants manage their business better.
- Build apps using the Ecommerce API to integrate with Ecommerce services tailored to the needs of merchants.
- Use the Clover Android Payments API to process payments from your Android app on different Clover device configurations without the need to be device-aware.
- Integrate your point of sale (POS) with Clover devices and accept Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant dip, swipe, and tap payments.
Developer communications subscribers receive email announcements regarding device, ROM, SDK, API, or Developer Dashboard new features and updates.
To join our developer communications mailing list, sign up here.
Sign up for an account on the Clover Developer Community site. This forum provides a searchable archive of Clover platform information and is moderated by engineers who can answer new questions.
- What's new—New features and updates
- Bug fixes—Latest bug fixes across our developer platform
- API Changelog—Updates related to API changes
- Announcements—Announcements regarding device, ROM, SDK, API, or Developer Dashboard new features and updates
Messages sent in the Developer Communications emails are added to our announcements page. If you miss an email, check our Announcements.
To join our Developer Communications mailing list, sign up here.
The Clover Technical Publications (TechPubs) team values your opinions and ideas. We continuously work to improve our documentation and maintain its accuracy. If you find an issue, let us know. If you have an idea for an improvement, we want to hear it.
To send us your questions and suggestions, click the Yes 👍 or No 👎 icon at the end of any topic page and then enter your comments in the field. Click Vote to submit your feedback.
If you want us to get back in touch with you, include your email address with your comments.
We compile documentation feedback fortnightly and put all requests in a queue that is managed and prioritized along with product updates. We use your email address to contact only when we need to discuss your feedback.
The primary support model for developers is through email correspondence. You can send us an email at [email protected]. Our Developer Relations (DevRel) team responds within 5 business days.
Clover recommends that you:
Updated 11 days ago