At Clover, we design and build low-cost and highly functional Android-based point of sale (POS) systems for small- or medium-sized businesses (SMB). Clover merchants use our suite of apps for different business functions.
Clover is an open platform allowing third-party developers to build apps and integrate external POS systems with Clover devices.
Reach over hundreds of thousands of merchants
Clover is the fastest-growing POS platform backed by Fiserv, a market leader processing over 50% of global card transactions. We currently operate in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, and Argentina, and we are expanding to new regions to serve merchants around the globe.
Connect on the Clover App Market
As a developer, you can make a difference and transform the way merchants run their business by saving time through intuitive apps on the Clover App Market. Merchants are looking for solutions to make their small to medium businesses more efficient and profitable. Our open platform allows you to seamlessly connect your apps and reach merchants in new ways.
Monetize your app
Merchants spend millions of dollars each year on marketing, loyalty, accounting programs, and other services to run their businesses. Be a trailblazer and help merchants grow their business with your app on the Clover App Market. Developers receive 70% of the net subscription revenue. Learn more about monetize your apps.
For most developers, the first step is to learn about the Clover platform and development environments. When you are ready to start, select an integration type, get a sandbox account, and build your integration.
For example, on the Clover platform you can:
- Build Android apps for Clover devices using the Clover Android SDK. Your apps can leverage rich business data and Clover device hardware capabilities.
- Build web apps on the Clover platform using the Clover REST API. You can make authorized Clover REST API calls and help merchants manage their business better.
- Build apps using the Ecommerce API to integrate with Ecommerce services tailored to the needs of merchants.
- Use the Clover Android Payments API to process payments from your Android app on different Clover device configurations, without the need to be device aware.
- Integrate your point of sale (POS) with Clover devices and accept Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant dip, swipe, and tap payments.
Keep in touch
Sign up for developer communications
Developer communications subscribers receive email announcements regarding device, ROM, SDK, API, or Developer Dashboard new features and updates.
To join our developer communications mailing list, sign up here.
Join our community
Sign up for an account on the Clover Developer Community site. This forum provides a searchable archive of Clover platform information and is moderated by engineers who can answer new questions.
Check out our blog
Check out our Blog and Webinars for best practices and in-depth guidance from our Developer Advocates.
Stay up-to-date with our Release Notes
- What's New — find out about new features and updates.
- Bug fixes — quick monthly updates on the latest bug fixes across our developer platform.
- API Changelog — quick monthly updates related to API changes.
- Announcements — messages that are sent in the Developer Communications emails are usually added to our announcements page as well. If you miss an email, check our Announcements.
Send documentation feedback
We in the Clover Technical Publications (TechPubs) team value your opinions and ideas. We continuously work to improve our documentation and maintain its accuracy. If you find an issue, let us know. If you have an idea for an improvement, we want to hear it.
To send us your questions and suggestions, click the Yes 👍 or No 👎 icon at the end of any topic page and then enter your comments in the text box. Click Vote to submit your feedback.
If you want us to get back in touch with you, include your email address with your comments.
We review documentation feedback bi-weekly and put all requests in a queue that is managed and prioritized along with product updates. We will only use your email address to contact you if we need to discuss your feedback.
Get Technical Support
Clover Developer Relations (DevRel) team provides comprehensive technical support to help you succeed as a Clover developer. We employ a few basic support policies to provide the best possible support to our entire developer community. Learn more about our developer technical support.
Updated 21 days ago