Clover is excited to announce the Clover Flex 3 is coming to Europe in May 2023. The Flex 3 supports Android 10 and features a larger display—5.99" IPS HD. The Clover Flex 3 payment screens have a brand new look and feel. Payment functionality remains unchanged.
- Clover's hardened version of Android (AOSP) 10 (API Level 29)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- Memory: 2-GB RAM, 16-GB Flash
- 5.99″, 720×1440 XHDPI display
- EMV chip card reader, NFC reader, and MSR reader
- 5MP camera
- 1D and 2D barcode scanner with a dedicated external button for barcode.
- Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE
- Cellular data
- North America (SN: C045U)—4G/LTE only
- Europe (SN: C045E)—4G/LTE fallback support for 3G
- Argentina (SN: C045L)—4G/LTE fallback support for 3G
- Internal thermal receipt printer
- 3.5-mm audio jack (with L/R output and mic input), speaker and microphone
See the complete list of specs in Clover devices.
All Clover Gen 3 devices, including the Clover Flex 3, come with a new payments processor—Core Payments App (CPA). The Core Payments App manages the card reading functions of our devices. We also updated the look and feel of Clover's payment flow on the Gen 3 devices. If you have apps on a Gen 2 device and your merchant is moving to a Gen 3 device, we strongly encourage you to regression test your apps to ensure a smooth transition.
- See Dev Kits at non-US addresses to order and receive Dev Kits outside the United States.
- Many applications are developed for Clover devices using the hardware profile in an emulator.
- You can charge the Flex 3 with the type-C charging hub in any orientation; however, there is a preference in cable orientation while debugging. Before connecting the debug cable, rotate the USB-C end of the hub so that the head (the flat part) of the green screws face down. See the Clover Flex 3 DevKit video for more information.
- Enable your app for Flex 3 in the developer Dashboard App Settings > App Type page. Select Flex 3 from the Flex dropdown list.
- Flex 3 camera orientation is portrait mode (instead of landscape mode as on Flex 2).
- Flex 3 does not support the following features. If your app uses these features, be sure to test your app on the Flex 3 and modify the app, if needed.
- Biometric authentication (fingerprint scanner)
- Android Compass & GPS
- For remote semi-integration, Clover has validated compatibility between Remote Pay SDKs and REST Pay Display API with on-device Pay Display apps that support the new payment user interface.
- If integrated in this way, then you do not need to update which devices your app is supported on.
- For native semi-integration, Clover has validated compatibility between PaymentConnector and Android Payments API with the new payment user interface.
- Update which devices your app is supported on.
- New merchants may need to specify Flex 2 devices for new orders until the payment app is validated and the developer enables their app for Flex 3 in the developer Dashboard.
- Developers who still support Flex 1 should validate their apps on Android 10, if they have not already done so.
For questions and feedback, send email to developer-hardware-updates.
Updated about 1 month ago