Announcing the Clover Mini 3 in Canada
Clover is excited to announce the Clover Mini 3 is available in Canada. The Mini 3 brings enhanced performance, support for Android 10.0 (API level 29), and an improved user interface (UI) in one sleek package.
- Clover’s hardened version of AOSP 10.0 (API Level 29)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ octa-core processor
- Dimensions: 8″, 1280×800
- EMV chip card reader, NFC reader, and MSR
- Two USB host ports (type A), one USB port (type B) device, and one RJ12 cash drawer port
- Front-facing camera for 1D and 2D barcode scanning
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE
- Internal thermal receipt printer
- 3.5-mm audio jack (with L/R output and mic input), speaker, and microphone
See the complete list of Clover devices specifications at documentation.
New look and feel on the payment screens
Users of any third generation Clover device—such as the Clover Mini 3—will notice a new look and feel on the payment screens. However, payment functionality remains unchanged.
Recommendation for developers
- When Mini 3 Dev Kits are available, order yours (shipped only to US addresses) and EMV test card a few weeks before you plan to go live with your device. This will allow you enough time to test your apps.
- Use an emulator to test your apps, if you need an alternative.
- Configure devices through the App Settings page. Select the Mini 3 device type to support all Mini versions, or select a specific Mini device from the drop-down list.
Clover non-payments Android NFC services are not supported on the Mini 3 device. Ensure your Android apps safely handle the
STATE_OFFstate defined by the Android
- Dev Kits are shipped only to US addresses.
For questions and feedback, send email to developer-hardware-updates.
Updated about 1 month ago