Upload an APK to your app
After you generate a signed APK, you can upload the APK to your Clover app from the Developer Dashboard.
Verify that you follow APK guidelines
- Package name doesn't begin with
com.clover.(Only Clover-owned apps can begin with
AndroidManifest.xmlhas a value of 17 or less.
AndroidManifest.xmlis greater than the version code of any APK you've already uploaded.
- Certificate's signature algorithm must be at least
SHA1withRSA, 2048-bit key(RSA2048 with SHA-256). This can be verified with the following command:
jarsigner -verify -verbose <filename>.apk.
- APK is signed with the same key you used to sign the first APK you uploaded.
- APK is signed in release mode.
- APK is signed with only the V1 signature scheme (Jar Signature). The V2 signature scheme is not supported.
- Signature file is saved as
- Size of the APK file doesn't exceed 120 MB.
Upload the APK
The package name is selected from the first APK you upload for an app. You can't change the package name after this. New versions of the APKs must have the same package name and an incremented
versionCode (set in your
build.gradle and reflected in the app's manifest). Check the package attribute in your manifest file carefully before uploading the APK.
- On Developer Dashboard side-nav, click the app name to expand the menu options.
- Click App Releases. The App Releases page appears.
- Click UPLOAD APK. The New Public Release page appears.
Note: You can also upload your APK from the App Settings page.
- Click CHOOSE APK.
- Locate the APK file you want to upload, drag and drop or select the file and click Open.
- In the Release Notes field, enter release notes for your uploaded APK.
Release notes help Clover merchants learn about new features and updates in a new version of your Android app.
- Click Upload.
The uploaded APK is available in the Releases table.
Updated 3 months ago