The Clover Android Payments API offers an intent-based payments API for third-party applications running on Clover hardware to process payments. If you are building a point-of-sale (POS) system directly on a Clover device (or have previously developed an app with Payment Connector), the Clover Android Payments API will serve as a streamlined payment option on a variety of Clover device configurations (without needing to be device aware).
Currently, the following operations are supported:
- Processing final and tip-adjustable payments
- Processing pre-authorization payments
- Capturing pre-authorized payments
- Processing a payment reversal
Operation coming soon:
- Tokenizing cards (card on file) (on supported devices)
Please use the following references and tutorial to help get you started.
The Clover Android Payments API is in early stages of development and the API is subject to change.
- Read Overview of the Clover Platform
- Set up a developer account (including your test merchant settings)
- Order a Clover Developer Kit (Dev Kit) and set it up
- Required Android SDK versions
- Request to accept a payment
- Request to accept a pre-auth (tip-adjustable)
- Request to capture a pre-auth
- Request to reverse a payment
- Request to tokenize a card—(coming soon)
Updated 6 days ago