You may encounter a few common issues when configuring or using a Clover device emulator.
If your login attempts for a European region production merchant result in a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) handshake error, reset the Clover-specific data on the emulator:
- Verify that you have set the device target for Europe as described in Emulator setup in Android Studio - Update device settings for production testing.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Apps & notifications.
- Click App info.
- Click Clover.
- Click Storage.
- Click Clear data.
- On the Delete app data pop-up, click OK.
The app data is cleared. You can now log in with your merchant account for Europe.
If a Clover device emulator is already running, you can add another emulator but cannot run the
./install_apps.py script on the new emulator. To run the script, first, stop the running emulator as follows:
- Use the
adb devicescommand to return the list of devices that are running.
- From that list, grab the designation for the emulator you want to stop, such as emulator-5554.
- Use the
adb -s emulator-5554 emu killcommand. In this command, replace
emulator-5554with the designation of your emulator.
- Re-run the
adb devicescommand to verify you were able to stop the device.
- Launch the newly added emulator and then run the
- After the app installation is completed, run the previous emulator.
To set up an emulator, you must be the Owner of a merchant account. If multiple members of a team need to test on emulators, there are ways to do so:
- All team members log in to the emulator with the Owner account credentials.
- Each member creates their developer account (not as an invitee to the common developer account). When you create a developer account, a merchant is created, and you are assigned the Owner of that merchant.
When trying to run Clover hardware emulator profiles within Android Studio with a MAC M1 Apple chip, an error displays the profile is terminated.
- In your Android Studio IDE, open the Preference settings.
- From the left navigation menu, select Tools > Emulator.
- Clear the Launch in a tool window checkbox.
- Click Apply.
Updated 2 months ago