There are a few common issues you may encounter when configuring or using a Clover device emulator.
If your log on attempts for an EU production merchant result in an SSL handshake error, complete the following steps to reset the Clover-specific data on the emulator.
- Verify that you have set the device target for EU as described in Emulator setup in Android Studio - Updating device settings for production testing.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Apps & notifications.
- Click App info.
- Click Clover.
- Click Storage.
- Click Clear data.
- On the Delete app data dialog, click OK.
The app data is cleared. You can now log on with your EU merchant account.
If a Clover device emulator is already running, you can add another emulator but cannot run the
./install_apps.py script on the new emulator. To run the script, first you must stop the running emulator by performing the following steps:
- Use the
adb devicescommand to return the list of devices that are running.
- From that list, grab the designation for the emulator you want to stop (such as emulator-5554).
- Use the
adb -s emulator-5554 emu killcommand (replacing emulator-5554 with whatever your emulator's designation is).
- Run the
adb devicescommand again to verify you were able to stop the desired device.
- Launch the newly added emulator and then run the
- After the apps installation is completed, run the previous emulator.
To set up an emulator you must be the Owner of a merchant account. If multiple members of a team need to test on emulators, there are a couple ways to do so:
- Have all team members log in to the emulator with the Owner account credentials.
- Have each member create their own developer account (not as an invitee to the common developer account). When you create a developer account, a merchant is created and you are assigned the Owner of that merchant.
Updated about 2 months ago