The following illustrates a semi-integrated transaction flow for the Clover Mini. Any POS system can integrate with the Clover Mini using one of Clover's open source SDKs.
You can customize the display for each step of the transaction for your merchants and their customers. As your merchants process a transaction, Clover reports the events to your point-of-sale and reflects them on the customer-facing Clover Mini.
- Your merchant adds items to a customer's order using your point-of-sale.
You can customize the display of an itemized order on the Clover Mini.
- Your merchant initiates a payment.
- Your POS sends payment details to the Clover Mini.
If on-screen tipping is enabled, the customer will be able to select the tip amount on the screen. Alternatively, the merchant can choose to take tips on paper.
- Clover Mini proceeds to the payment screen and the total amount appears in your POS.
- You can customize your POS to track the customer's progress through the payment flow.
- The Clover Mini presents the customer with either the signature screen or the PIN entry screen.
- After the customer signs, the merchant can verify (and approve or reject) the signature from your POS.
- Once the merchant verifies the signature, the customer or the merchant, depending on the configuration, selects a printed, email, or SMS receipt (or the receipt can be declined).
- As the order is confirmed in your POS, the Clover Mini presents a customizable "Thank you" screen to the customer.
This example demonstrates how your POS will interact with Clover Go. You can customize the display of each step of the transaction for your merchants and their customers. As your merchants process a transaction, Clover reports the events to your point-of-sale and reflects them on the smartphone or tablet.
- The merchant adds items to a customer's order using your POS on their smartphone or tablet.
- The merchant finalizes the amount (including any tips) and initiates a payment.
- The customer submits a payment with the Clover Go card reader.
- The Clover Go SDK processes the transaction.
- The merchant captures the customer's signature (if applicable).
- The merchant prints the receipt or emails it to the customer. The SDK returns a URL pointing to the Clover receipt.
Updated 11 months ago