Beginning April 2021, Clover is ending support for the 1.x and 2.x versions of the Remote Pay SDKs. First introduced in 2015 and 2017, these SDKs have been superseded by the 3.x and 4.x versions. The newer versions provide greater functionality and reliability.
The SDKs will continue to receive updates and bug fixes according to the following timeline. This announcement affects the following SDKs published by Clover:
- Remote Pay SDK v1.x will be deprecated in Q4 2020 and unsupported in Q2 2021
- Remote Pay SDK v2.x will be deprecated in Q4 2020 and unsupported in Q2 2021
- Remote Pay SDK v3.x will be deprecated in Q3 2021 and unsupported in Q2 2022
- Remote Pay SDK v4.x will be deprecated in Q3 2021 and unsupported in Q2 2022
The Remote Pay SDKs follow a three-stage support lifecycle.
- Supported - The SDK is in active use with Clover merchants. Integrators continue to receive support from Clover for developing and publishing their integrated point-of-sale apps.
- Deprecated - Clover stops providing updates and bug fixes for the SDK. If there are issues reported in this version of the SDK, they will not be fixed. Integrators experiencing a problem with this version of the SDK must upgrade to the newest SDK version for any code updates or fixes.
- Unsupported- Clover devices will no longer process transactions submitted with this SDK version. The version is deactivated to ensure merchants and the apps they use are kept in regulatory compliance.
If you attempt a transaction with an unsupported SDK version, the device will not start the payment flow. A warning is logged that lists the merchant UUID, SDK version, app UUID, and RAID.
In this example, the POS app is using Remote Pay Android version 1.4.1, a version that was no longer supported after Q1 2021.
Remote Pay SDK is not supported. Merchant: G3B4HVETE8S50, SDK: com.clover.cloverconnector.android:1.4.1, Developer App ID: ZH933M62THXFR, RAID: DR3CGT5WKKYXT.ZH933M62THXFR
Updated 3 months ago