Clover is live in multiple countries and expanding. Our current markets include:
- United States (US) and Canada
- United Kingdom (UK)
- Republic of Ireland (ROI)
We support markets by segmenting domains into geographic regions:
https://www.clover.comserves the US and Canada
https://www.eu.clover.comserves the UK and ROI
As we expand into other geographic regions, we will add to our domain set. If you would like to deploy apps to multiple markets, you will need to register as a developer and create apps on multiple domains.
Create a developer account in the region you want to build apps for.
You can support users in different regions through a single version of your app, or through multiple versions.
Multiple Versions: For multiple versions, set up a distinct APK and/or site URL for each region you will support.
- If you're using the REST API, make sure each version of your app points to the correct API server for the region it will support. See Using Clover REST API for more information.
- Ensure that each app is using the correct app ID and App Secret.
- If you have an Android app, upload a separate APK to the Developer Dashboard for each region.
- If you have a web app, enter a different site URL in the Developer Dashboard for each region.
Single Version: To support multiple regions within a single app, upload a single APK and/or assign a single site URL for all regions. Logic within the app must determine the merchant's region before proceeding with the proper API, App ID, and App Secret.
- If you have a web app, you can determine the region by:
- Looking at the
client_idparameter from the OAuth Response. You should know what Clover region each of your app IDs is associated with. This will allow you to make API calls to the correct servers on behalf of your merchants.
- Looking at the referrer in the HTTP headers when a merchant lands on your site from Clover.
- Looking at the
- If you have a web app and a merchant is signing into Clover from your site through OAuth, we recommend separate Sign in with Clover buttons - one for US, and one for EU. We will provide an improved solution for multi-region sign-in in the near future.
- If you have an Android app that communicates with Clover only through the Clover SDK, you do not need to determine the region.
- If you have an Android app that communicates with Clover through the Clover REST API (either from Android or your own server), you can determine the Clover region via the Clover account manager's
base_url. You'll need to save the merchant-region association for making future calls to Clover for that merchant.
In the US market, your app interfaces with
https://api.clover.com to make REST API calls. In the UK and ROI markets, your app interfaces with
https://api.eu.clover.com for REST API calls.
For example, an app set up on the Developer Dashboard for the EU should interface with
For all markets, you provide information to verify your identity and that of your company (if applicable). Developers from any region may apply for developer approval in any market.
You must be an approved developer for the target market before you can submit an app for approval.
For all markets, you must also supply legal and support information for your app when submitting for approval. You may choose to customize this data (such as phone numbers) if you're serving multiple markets.
Include a country code in your support phone number if you're supporting a market different from your own.
You can apply for pricing for your apps. In the US, this involves providing your US-based bank account for verification. In the UK or ROI, you'll need to provide your home country-based bank account for verification.
Once Clover approves your request to price your app, you'll be able to configure price details. App prices are set in dollars. See the Billing page for more information.
In the US, the revenue will be issued to your US-based bank in dollars. In the UK and ROI, the revenue will be issued to your bank account in your local currency. Exchange rates between currencies will be applied on the day of deposit.
Updated over 2 years ago