Your app may need to read and then use the data on a customer's card. To read a card, use the
Some data, like the track 1 and 2 information, is encrypted for PCI compliance. This endpoint returns only non-sensitive information like the customer's name and the card's expiration date.
- POS is connected to the device using a network or cloud connection.
- Clover device is idle; that is, no payment is being taken.
To read a card with the Clover device:
- Send an empty POST request to the
- Required. Include the required headers for your request.
The customer is asked to present their card. After the card is read, a success message appears.
- To return to the welcome screen, send a POST request to the
Updated about 1 month ago