Revise and review approved or published apps
App revisions to approved apps are subject to review by the Clover Developer Relations (DevRel) team as changes may impact the developer agreement terms. In the app revisions review and approval process, the Clover DevRel team thoroughly reviews the submitted changes and approves or rejects the request. This process to help manage app updates is applicable only for changes to approved or published apps.
App revisions review parameters
The Clover Developer Relations (DevRel) team reviews app revisions to the following information:
- App subscription country, when a new subscription country is added for the first time for an app
- Add or remove any language or locale
- App details:
-- App icon
-- App site URL (link)
-- End User License Agreement URL
- App permissions
App revisions review and approval process
The Clover DevRel team reviews the change submission and approves or rejects the request. During this process, you receive the following information through the Developer Dashboard:
- Changes submitted for review
- Review updated by Clover
- Option to revert or undo pending changes
- Email about all status updates of a review
Approved and published changes to your app are visible in the Clover App Market.
Currently published app
While your app updates are in the review and approval process, the following remains in effect:
- Current app—
-- Published apps continue to remain visible on the App Market.
-- Fields submitted for revision, display their current value until the changes are approved and published.
- Subscription tiers and pricing—All the subscription tiers and metered pricing of your published apps continue to function as expected. You can also modify existing subscription tiers.
- APK updates—You can continue to submit and update APKs for your Android apps.
App revision process for an approved app
Permissions for app submission, app revision requests, publishing or reverting approved app revision requests are:
- MANAGE_APPS—Required for changes related to app details and app settings.
- EDIT_PRICING—Required only for subscription country changes.
Submit app revision for review
- Log in to your Developer Dashboard.
- From the left navigation menu, click App Settings for your app.
- Click the Edit icon next to the fields that you want to update.
- Edit information in the fields, and click Submit for Review. An app revision request is created and submitted for review.
Note: Edits to fields that do not need DevRel team review and approval display immediately in the App Market and are not listed here.
- Expand the list of changes awaiting review accordion at the bottom of the App Settings, Market Listing, and Pricing and Distribution pages.
- Click the accordion to view details of the changes awaiting review.
Note: If there is a pending app revision request and you create a new one, it is added to the list.
Note: The Cancel Submission button displays on the page after you submit the request.
- To revert the revision request, click Cancel Submission.
View app revision status
For each reviewed field submitted for review, a yellow, green, or red icon indicates approval awaited, approved or rejected status, respectively. A brief description is displayed for each rejected request. You can implement the feedback and re-apply for review. The icon color in the changes awaiting review list also displays based on the app review status.
App revision submitted for review
When you submit an app revision request:
- The Cancel Submission button replaces the Submit for Review button.
- A banner at the top of the page displays the status of your request.
App revision review complete
- When the app revision updates are reviewed and approved by the Clover DevRel team, a status message appears.
- The Publish Changes button displays. You can either publish or reject these revisions.
App revision changes published
When you click Publish Changes, a status message appears.
Keep track of all merchant-facing changes on Clover Help. For questions and feedback, visit community.clover.com.
To receive third-party developer communications from Clover, sign up here.
Updated 15 days ago