To order your Dev Kits and receive it in a non-US address, do the following:
- Sign up with a freight-forwarding provider such as Stackry, Vyking Ship, or MyUs. Provide your final destination address to them.
- Order your Dev Kit at cloverdevkit.com.
- Add the required device(s) to your cart and check out.
- Enter the US shipping address provided by your freight-forwarding provider.
- Complete the payment, verify your email address, and submit your order.
- Take note of the order number from Clover.
For questions related to Clover Dev Kits and up to fulfillment to your freight-forwarding provider, contact [email protected].
- Clover fulfills the order to your US freight-forwarding address.
- Your freight-forwarder receives the Dev Kit and ships to your registered non-US address.
- Track your package using your freight-forwarders tracking details until you receive the Dev Kit.
Clover is not responsible for the process of your freight-forwarding provider. For questions, directly contact the freight-forwarding provider with your tracking details.
Why is my Dev Kit displaying a
Error retrieving merchant information message?
You see this message when your Dev Kit is not associated with your test merchant. See Associate your Dev Kit for more information.
Can I associate my Dev Kit in the production environment?
Dev Kits are designed only for you to test your apps in the sandbox environment. You must create a developer account in the sandbox environment to use your Dev Kit. Note the difference between the URL for the sandbox environment and production environment.
How do I get my app approved and published before I can test my app on my Dev Kit?
The app you're developing does not need to be approved or published for you to test on your Dev Kit. You can install the app for your test merchant via the Developer Dashboard. See Installing your app to your test merchant for more information.
My Clover Flex Dev Kit isn't powering on. How do I troubleshoot?
If your Clover Flex isn't powering on, make sure the device is charged, then follow these steps:
- Hold the power button for about 35 seconds. You should see a battery icon with a charge indicator (for example, 85%).
- Hold the power button again for ten seconds. Your device should boot up normally.
See the Clover merchant-facing help for more information on troubleshooting Clover devices.
I received a
PIN entry is disabled or
Device has malfunctioned message for my Dev Kit. What does this mean?
PIN entry is disabled on Dev Kits for security purposes (a PCI requirement). This should not impact your development. Similarly, if your Dev Kit says that it has malfunctioned, you will still be able to use the Dev Kit for all non-payment capabilities.
To continue using your Dev Kit:
- Go to Setup > Payments > PIN Entry section and select Do not prompt for PIN.
- You can continue to do non-PIN (non-debit) transactions.
If you are not able to do a credit card sale or payment using the Register app, try different credit cards. The test magnetic stripe card sent with Dev Kits (ending in 6668) will work, as should other types of credit cards. Some debit-only cards that do not default to credit will result in a
Transaction Failed error.
If PIN entry is disabled or the device reports tampering, do not disassociate or factory reset the Dev Kit. It will be blocked at activation and you will be unable to use it for development.
If ADB does not see your USB-connected Dev Kit after resetting your machine or device, your device may be in merchant mode. To change the device's mode, complete the following steps.
- Press ⊞ Win+X and select Device Manager.
- Expand Clover Devices.
- Right-click Clover Device Merchant mode and select Update driver.
- On the How do you want to search for drivers window, click Browse my computer for driver software.
- On the Browse for drivers on your computer window, click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- From the list of drivers, select ADB Device and click Next.
The drivers are changed.
- Click Close.
In Device Manager, the device is now listed under Universal Serial Bus devices as Android.
Visit our Developer Community to see if your question has already been answered. Your initial requests should always begin at this forum which is highly visible to the Clover team and our developer community.
Updated 11 months ago