The Clover global developer platform offers an intuitive and seamless experience to create integrations effectively. You need to create just one account to access sandbox and production environments. You can switch between your production and sandbox environments with a single click.
Bookmark this page
Get quick answers to the most frequently asked questions while creating your account or exploring the Clover global developer platform.
I am a first-time user. What should I do?
Step 1—Create your user account:
- Click https://www.clover.com/global-developer-home, or type this address in your browser and press Enter.
- On the Log in page, click Sign Up. The Sign up page appears.
- Enter the following information:
- Your name as you want it to display in your developer profile.
- Your email address; this is saved as the username for logging in after sign up.
- Your password to access your developer account.
- Click Create Account. A confirmation email is sent to your email address.
Step 2—Confirm your account:
Important: Confirm your developer account within 24 hours of creating the account; otherwise, you will need to re-create the account.
- Check your email for an account confirmation email from Clover.
- Open the confirmation email and click Confirm your email address. The Finish setting up your account page appears.
Step 3—Finish setting up your account:
- On the Let's finish setting up your account page, enter the developer or company name in the Developer Account Name field. This name appears as the app owner in the Clover App Market.
- From the Choose where your integrations will be available drop-down list, select the region where your integration will be available.
- Click Create Account. A Developer Account Created pop-up appears. Additionally, a test merchant account is created in both sandbox and production environments.
- Click Log In and enter your credentials.
Can I sign up for an account on the Clover global developer platform with same developer ID which I used for creating a developer account on the current developer platform?
No, you cannot sign up for the Clover Global developer platform using the sandbox or production developer email address existing on the current developer platform.
If you try to use your production or sandbox developer email ID to sign up for the Clover Global developer platform, you get an alert, or it results in a failed sign-up process.
What URL (link) do I use to log in to my Clover developer account?
Use https://www.clover.com/global-developer-home Clover developer account.
Why do I see the setup two-factor authentication (2FA) pop-up when I try to log in for the first time?
Clover requires you to set up 2FA, as it adds an extra layer of protection and significantly decreases the risk of unauthorized access and system breaches. Before you proceed to set up the 2FA for your account, download an authenticator app on your phone to complete this step.
On the global developer platform > Set up two-factor authentication to continue page:
- Click Set up. Open your authenticator app pop-up appears.
- Use the authenticator app to scan the QR code. A six-digit verification code displays on the app.
- Enter the verification code.
- Click Next. A Successfully enabled pop-up appears on the screen.
- Click Download recovery codes. A text (.txt) file is saved on your device. Use these recovery codes in case you cannot access your authenticator app.
- Click Done.
After the 2FA setup, when you log in you need to enter your credentials and the verification code to access global developer your account.
Are there different URLs for the sandbox and production environments?
The https://www.clover.com/global-developer-home URL gives you access to the sandbox and production environments. After you log in, select either the Sandbox or USProd tab, as needed.
In which region is Clover global developer experience available?
Currently, this developer experience is available in North America region, but we plan to expand it to other regions.
I already have a developer account for the sandbox and North America production environments. Which URL do I use to access my Clover developer account?
All the existing sandbox and production links are functional. You can continue using your account as usual. No action is required until we migrate your account to the new global developer platform.
- Sandbox: https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/developer-home
- North America production: https://www.clover.com/login?context=developer
However, we recommend you sign up and explore the newly launched Clover global developer platform.
How do I start creating apps?
Click the Sandbox tab to create and test your app in the sandbox first.
Note: Apps can only be published in the production environment.
I want to publish my app. What should I do?
- Click the USProd tab.
- Complete the developer account verification and approval process. See Submit developer account for approval.
- Re-create your app in the production environment and submit it to Clover for review and approval.
How do I create test merchants?
When you sign up on the global developer platform to create a developer account, Clover creates a complimentary test merchant account for both sandbox and production environments. You can create additional test merchant accounts from the Developer Dashboard: <developer name> dashboard drop-down > Create test location.
Note: The Clover global developer platform is available only for the North America region; hence, you can create test merchants for the United States (US) and Canada (CAN) to simulate merchant interactions with your application.
I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- On the Log in page, click the Forgot password? link.
- Enter the email address you used when you created your account.
- Click Send email.
- Follow the instructions in the email you receive.
Updated 6 days ago