Clover Mini 3 is arriving soon in Europe
Clover is excited to announce the Clover Mini 3 is coming to Europe in the second quarter of 2023. The Mini 3 provides enhanced performance, support for Android 10.0 (API level 29). The Mini 3 payment screens have a new look and feel. Payment functionality remains unchanged from prior versions of the device.
- Clover’s hardened version of AOSP 10.0 (API Level 29)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ octa-core processor
- Dimensions: 8″, 1280×800
- EMV chip card reader, NFC reader, and MSR
- Two USB host ports (type A), one USB port (type B) device, and one RJ12 cash drawer port
- Front-facing camera for 1D and 2D barcode scanning
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE
- Internal thermal receipt printer
- 3.5-mm audio jack (with L/R output and mic input), speaker, and microphone
See the complete list of Clover devices specifications at documentation.
Core Payments App
All Clover Gen 3 devices, including the Clover Mini 3, come with a new payments processor—Core Payments App (CPA). The Core Payments App manages the card reading functions of our devices. We also updated the look and feel of Clover's payment flow on the Gen 3 devices. If you have apps on a Gen 2 device and your merchant is moving to a Gen 3 device, we strongly encourage you to regression test your apps to ensure a smooth transition.
Recommendation for developers
- See Dev Kits at non-US addresses to order and receive Dev Kits outside the United States.
- Many applications are developed for Clover devices using the hardware profile in an emulator.
- Configure devices through the App Settings page. Select the Mini 3 device type to support all Mini versions, or select a specific Mini device from the drop-down list.
Clover non-payments Android NFC services are not supported on the Mini 3 device. Ensure your Android apps safely handle the
STATE_OFFstate defined by the Android
Validation for semi-integrated developers
- For remote semi-integration, Clover has validated compatibility between Remote Pay SDKs and REST Pay Display API with on-device Pay Display apps that support the new payment user interface.
- If integrated in this way, then you do not need to update which devices your app is supported on.
- If you’re using remote-pay-android or remote-pay-windows and connecting to the Mini 3 through a USB, then you need to rebuild your app with the latest SDK version available on Clover GitHub.
- For native semi-integration, Clover has validated compatibility between PaymentConnector and Android Payments API with the new payment user interface.
- Update the device on which your app is supported.
- New merchants may need to specify Mini 2 devices for new orders until the payment app is validated and the configuration is updated to support Mini 3.##
For questions and feedback, send email to developer-hardware-updates.
Updated 29 days ago