Smart receipts allow you to add information to the bottom of Clover's paper and web receipts for the customer. This feature offers an easy way to encourage customer interaction and add value to the receipt.
It may take up to ten hours for smart receipt changes to sync to merchant devices.
- On the Developer Dashboard, click App Settings on the side-nav.
- On the App Settings page, click Receipt Customizations.
- On the Edit Receipt Customizations modal that appears, click ADD COUNTRY for each locale you want to create a smart receipt:
- Select the country locale from the Country list. The associated language appears.
- In the Smart receipt text field, enter text that appears at the end of receipts.
- In the Smart receipt URL field, enter the URL that appears on paper and web receipts. This URL typically directs customers to a third-party website.
- Click Save. Your receipt customizations appear on the App Settings page.
You can build and publish apps on the Clover App Market in your choice of locales. For more information, see Setting app market listings.
On the receipt, Clover appends the following parameters to the base URL you provide:
m- merchant ID
o- order ID
p- payment ID
c- receipt context (
pindicates a paper receipt,
iframein a web receipt)
On a paper receipt, smart receipt data follows the regular receipt content. The name of your application appears after the bottom in all capital letters, followed by a divider. If you provide a URL, it is embedded as a QR code to the left of any provided smart receipt text.
The URL format for the QR code is:
On a web receipt, the name of your application appears after the receipt details. An
iframe element contains the content associated with the Smart Receipt URL you provide. The URL format for the
alt attribute value is the smart receipt text.
If no URL is provided, no smart receipt
iframe appears on web receipts.
Updated 5 months ago