Clover web apps are built using the Clover REST API and hosted by the developer. Merchants install approved web apps from the Clover App Market. Once a merchant installs an app, they can access the app from the sandbox Merchant Dashboard.
You build and test your apps in the sandbox environment. Your apps are published in the production environment. The Merchant Dashboard in production is https://www.clover.com/dashboard.
Clover redirects merchants to the Site URL value (under App Settings > REST Configuration) specified on the sandbox Merchant Dashboard whenever they:
- Install your web app from the Clover App Market
- Launch your web app from the Clover App Market
- Launch your web app from the sandbox Merchant Dashboard
As part of this process, Clover appends certain URL parameters, including
mId of the business and
employee_id of the current user. To view a full list of query parameters included in these redirects, see Using OAuth 2.0.
You can use the Clover Merchant ID or
empId) to determine if the merchant has ever used your app before and provide a friendly setup experience.
mId is an ID assigned by Clover to a merchant business. The business may have multiple devices and employees. The owner of the business (along with managers and employees) each have an
empId associated with their account.
When looking at an OAuth response, keep in mind that you have access to the following information:
empIdof the current user
mIdof the business
mId when making REST API calls.
To install your app on a test merchant account:
- On the sandbox Developer Dashboard, click Market Listing on the side-nav for your app.
- On the Market Listing page, click PREVIEW IN APP MARKET. You are redirected to the Merchant Dashboard for your test merchant account with an App Market preview of your app.
- Click Connect. When you accept the installation, the app is installed for your test merchant account on the Merchant Dashboard. You can access the app from the side-nav of the Merchant Dashboard.
Updated 4 months ago