Clover is excited to announce the Clover Flex 3 is available in Canada. The Flex 3 supports Android 10 and features a larger display—5.99" IPS HD. The Clover Flex 3 payment screens have a brand new look and feel. Payment functionality remains unchanged.
- Clover's hardened version of Android (AOSP) 10 (API Level 29)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- Memory: 2-GB RAM, 16-GB Flash
- 5.99″, 720×1440 XHDPI display
- EMV chip card reader, NFC reader, and MSR reader
- 5MP camera
- 1D and 2D barcode scanner with a dedicated external button for barcode.
- Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE
- Cellular data
- North America (SN: C045U)—4G/LTE only
- Europe (SN: C045E)—4G/LTE fallback support for 3G
- Argentina (SN: C045L)—4G/LTE fallback support for 3G
- Internal thermal receipt printer
- 3.5-mm audio jack (with L/R output and mic input), speaker and microphone
See the complete list of specs in Clover devices.
- Until Dev Kits are available, consider developing your Flex 3 applications using the hardware profile in an emulator.
- You can charge the Flex 3 with the type-C charging hub in any orientation; however, there is a preference in cable orientation while debugging. Before connecting the debug cable, rotate the USB-C end of the hub so that the head (the flat part) of the green screws face down. See the Clover Flex 3 DevKit video for more information.
- Enable your app for Flex 3 in the developer Dashboard App Settings > App Type page. Select Flex 3 from the Flex dropdown list.
- Flex 3 camera orientation is portrait mode (instead of landscape mode as on Flex 2).
- The Flex 3 does not support the following features. If your app uses these features, be sure to test your app on the Flex 3 and modify the app, if needed.
- Biometric authentication (fingerprint scanner)
- Android Compass & GPS
- For remote semi-integration, Clover has validated compatibility between Remote Pay SDKs and REST Pay Display API with on-device Pay Display apps that support the new payment user interface.
- If integrated in this way, then you do not need to update which devices your app is supported on.
- For native semi-integration, Clover has validated compatibility between PaymentConnector and Android Payments API with the new payment user interface.
- Update which devices your app is supported on.
- New merchants may need to specify Flex 2 devices for new orders until the payment app is validated and the developer enables their app for Flex 3 in the developer Dashboard.
- Developers who still support Flex 1 should validate their apps on Android 10, if they have not already done so.
For questions and feedback, send email to developer-hardware-updates.
Updated 7 months ago