Clover is excited to announce that our latest device, the new and improved Flex (2nd Generation), launches in Canada on May 20, 2020. The Flex (2nd Generation) brings a faster processor, increased RAM, Android 8.1 support, more storage, and 4G/LTE support. It also comes with a fingerprint reader.
The Flex (2nd Generation) comes with these exciting features.
Processor - Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
Memory - 2 GB RAM
Storage - 16 GB
Operating system - Android 8.1, multi-language support
Cellular Data - 4G/LTE only
Fingerprint reader - Yes
See the complete list of specs in the documentation.
Takeaways for developers
- Order Flex (2nd generation) Dev Kits from cloverdevkit.com and EMV test cards ahead of time to ensure you have time available for testing your apps.
- Use the emulator to test your apps if you need an alternative.
- Submit your updated APKs for approval by May 15, 2020.
See more information about testing Canadian payment flows in the documentation.
The Platform2 class offers similar functionality to the Platform class but does so in a dynamic manner that avoids the need to recompile your app to support new Clover devices. Actions for your apps:
- Remove the deprecated
Platform.isCloverFlex()method because it will not return true when running on Flex (2nd Generation).
- Use standard Android methods to discover device features and to support different screen sizes.
For example, if a Clover device supports the system feature,
FEATURE_TELEPHONY, it supports mobile data.
boolean mobileData = context.getPackageManager().hasSystemFeature(PackageManager.FEATURE_TELEPHONY);
Clover will make your apps on Flex (1st Generation) available on Flex (2nd Generation) devices on May 18, 2020.
- Dev Kits can only be shipped directly to US addresses. Developers outside the US must use a package forwarding service to ship Dev Kits to their final destination.
- Due to COVID-19 delays, there may be a delay in delivering your Dev Kits.
For questions and feedback, use [email protected]
Updated 4 months ago