Smart Receipts allow you to add information to the bottom of Clover’s paper and web receipts for the customer. This feature offers an easy way to encourage customer interaction and add value to the receipt. You can enable Smart Receipts through the Developer Dashboard.
- Log into the Developer Dashboard.
- Click on the name of the app you want to enable Smart Receipts for.
- Click Smart Receipts.
- Check the box next to Enable Smart Receipts. Two additional fields will appear.
- In the Smart receipt text box, enter the text you want to appear at the bottom of the paper receipts.
- In the Smart receipt URL box, enter the URL that should appear on paper and web receipts. For example, the URL entered here typically directs customers to a third-party website.
On the receipt, we append the following parameters to the base URL you provide:
m– merchant ID
o– order ID
p– payment ID
c– receipt context (p = paper receipt, i = iFrame in web receipt)
On a paper receipt, the name of your application will appear towards the bottom of the receipt in all capital letters, followed by a divider. If you provided a URL, it will be embedded in a QR code printed below the divider and to the left of the Smart Receipt text.
The URL format for the QR code is:
On a web receipt, the name of your application will appear after the receipt details. An iFrame will display the content associated with the Smart Receipt URL you provide.
The URL format for the iFrame is: