There are a few steps you’ll need to take before you begin semi-integrating with Clover.
- Sign up for a Sandbox testing developer account. Note that you should do all development and testing for your semi-integration solution in this Sandbox environment.
- Review our semi-integration documentation.
- Order a Clover Developer Kit (DevKit) and set it up.
- Create a Clover developer account.
- Walkthrough our CodeLab for Remote Pay Cloud.
Develop your integration
- Connect your POS to the Clover DevKit.
- Enable interactions between your POS and the Clover device using the Clover Connector SDK.
Clover currently requires Partial Auth integration. You can test your Partial Auth integration using the test card number we’ve provided. This card will automatically approve half the amount of the sale.
Create your app in the Developer Dashboard
- Log into the Developer Dashboard.
- On your app’s Settings > Semi-Integrated App page, select Generate RAID. A valid remote app ID is generated for you.
- Clover will populate the Equipment Code and Equipment Name fields; you can leave these blank.
- Fill out all of the required details and include your points of integration with Clover (e.g., Sale, Auth, Void, etc.) in the app’s description.
- Enter a valid phone number for customer support, along with the hours during which support is available.
- After completing this process, select Submit. The Clover App Market team will reach out to you regarding the next steps.
Submit your integration for approval
- Review and complete the testing and validation requirements.
- If you choose to print your own receipts, you must send along a copy for each transaction type you support, along with the required Clover receipts.
- Log into the Developer Dashboard and complete the Developer Information section of the Get Approved tab.
- If you’re a corporation, be sure to select the A company radio button and enter a valid Tax ID or EIN.
- All developers must enter a valid residential address for identity verification (no P.O. boxes).
- To minimize delays, verify that all information is complete and accurate.
Please keep us updated regarding major changes to your integrations by emailing us at email@example.com.
Send in your POS equipment (optional). To troubleshoot integration issues, we recommend sending the following to Clover’s Semi-Integrations team:
- One or more engineering-ready devices (and any relevant account information)
- One production-ready device (and any relevant account information)
- Login credentials (for all relevant user groups such as admins and employees, including all relevant pins)
- Documentation on how to configure your device
- Credentials for the Admin portal, if relevant
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Support for your merchants
Because every point-of-sale is unique, there are many issues that our Customer Support team will not be able to solve for your merchants. For that reason, you should be the first line of defense for them.
Clover Customer Support can help you troubleshoot issues with Clover hardware and the Clover payments processing platform.