Download & run the CloverSDKSetup executable file
- Go to the releases page on Clover’s remote-pay-windows repo: github.com/clover/remote-pay-windows/releases.
- Click to download the CloverSDKSetup.exe from the latest Release build. Running this will install the device drivers for the Clover Mini, the .NET dlls, and the executable for the Clover Example POS. If you opt to connect via the REST API or Websockets, it will also install the local services for the connection type you choose. Be advised that only one type is permitted. You cannot configure more than one type of connection, as you cannot run more than one type of connection at a time.
- Check that the drivers installed correctly by opening Device Manager while the Mini is plugged into the computer.
- If the drivers for the Mini are not installed, download the CloverUSBDriverSetup.exe from the remote-pay-windows releases page. Running this will install the device drivers for the Clover Mini.
Connect to the Clover device from your Clover Example POS
- Open the Clover Example POS on your Windows device and select your method of connection.
- Open the USB Pay Display app from your Clover Mini.
If you have difficulty connecting, ensure that no other Pay Display app is running.
You can reach this view by clicking the double rectangles at the bottom center of the screen.
- Plug in your Mini.
You should see Connected in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
If you cannot establish a connection, then reboot Windows.