If you’re receiving the message “Error retrieving merchant,” your DevKit has not been associated with your test merchant. Please make sure you’ve completed all of the steps involved in setting up your device.
- You must create an account at sandbox.dev.clover.com to use your DevKit. If you discover you’re unable to log in with your developer account, please double check that the URL is for Clover’s Sandbox environment, rather than the Production environment.
- The Clover app you’re developing on your DevKit does not need to be approved or published before testing. It will automatically appear in the App Market for your test merchant (near the bottom, next to your currently installed apps).
- If your Clover Flex isn’t powering on, please make sure your device is charged, then follow these steps:
- Hold the power button for 32 seconds. You should see a battery icon with a charge indicator (e.g., 85%).
- Hold the power button again for 10 seconds. Your device should boot up normally.
Visit our Developer Community to see if your question has already been answered. Your initial requests should always begin at this forum which is highly visible to the Clover team and our developer community.